MUTHERS RECORDING STUDIO brings together analogue and digital recording in a variety of interesting acoustic spaces.
The combination of outboard pre amps, vintage compressors, effects; tape and the latest DAW technology deliver clear & outstanding recordings every time.
LIVE ROOM 1
LIVE ROOM 2
*Ideal for professionals
Recording session with industry professional David McCabe and assistant engineer (where applicable).
Weekdays : £35 per hour (minimum 2 hours)
Half day (up to 4.5 hours) £140
Full day (up to 9.5 hours) £280
Weekends: £45 per hour (minimum 2 hours)
Half day (up to 4.5 hours) £180
Full day (up to 9.5 hours) £320
Mixing £200 per song.
Mastering £80 per song.
RECORD LABEL LIVE DEMO
*Ideal for bands
- All amplifiers and kit can be provided and will be mic’d up and ready to go.
- 4 hours to complete some live takes, choose the best one & then vocal & instrument overdubs of up to 4 songs.
- Tracks will be then professionally mixed, mastered & delivered within 3-5 working days.
DRUMS: Pearl export. BASS: Sansamp Tech 21-NYC/Crown XLI 800 with Ampeg SVT810 speaker cabinet. GUITARS: 2x Orange TH130 30w Valve amps & bespoke 4×12 speaker cabinets.
- Option to bring your own amps/cabs etc just let us know prior to the session so we can be ready.
- Alternatively just bring breakables, instruments, additional instruments & yourselves
- Includes one mix revision per song.
- Session can be filmed as a 3 camera shoot and then edited as either one live take of one song or a recording montage for additional £250.
- Additional hours of overdubs or mixing can be arranged in the studio charged at studio rate.
FIRE IN THE BOOTH
*Ideal for rappers and singers
£60 for 2 hours
Mondays/Tuesdays 10.30am – 10.30pm
The opportunity to record your vocals to your backing track with an engineer at the studio used by GRM daily.
1 hour to record & 1 hour for a live mix and master (includes 1 quick revision within 2 days).
- Please bring your backing track on a memory stick or ask us to download from YouTube prior to session.
- Song will transferred to you as a link as a high quality WAV file plus MP3
- Any mix revisions will be charged as an additional £30 for up to two revisions.
- Each additional hour priced at £30.
- Filmed and edited to final mix of 1 song additional £60 per 2 hour session.
£30 per hour (minimum 2 hours)
* Ideal for producers
Logic & Ableton DAW’s are loaded on to the studio machine. Pro Tools available on request.
Extensive packs and sound libraries installed, Plug ins include waves gold bundle, SSL bundle and Brainworx. Soft synths include Arturia & Novation.
Midi controllers include Ableton push 2
Anyone interested needs to book a simple induction to be shown around before first session.
MUTHERS PREMIUM SINGLE DEAL.
* Ideal for artists with a great song they wish to release
Includes 2 full days to produce & record your song with signed producer David McCabe (Universal Publishing, EMI, Warner Chapel, Popcorn Music). Plus an assisting engineer to help with set ups, microphone placement, DAW control and the artists needs.
Song will then be mixed down afterwards by an industry leading mixing engineer (genre dependant).
*The mix engineers we have used have mixed for artists including Oasis, A Tribe Called Quest, Adele, Calvin Harris, James Arthur & The Happy Mondays.
After the mix is finalised the song will then go on to be mastered by an industry leading mastering engineer Pete Maher (U2, The Killers, Beady Eye, Katy Perry).
Examples of work.
For more information feel free to use the contact form below or telephone 0121 622 7110